Sunday, January 4, 2009

What have I done these days?

I’ve enjoyed the ielts prep online courses these days, especially the part of speaking test. The tutor spoke English very fluently with British accent, to be precise, the Welsh accent, which made me think of Rhydian from Wales and he is working for Wuxi EF now.

The movie I downloaded called A Few Good Men, which is hard to follow. If I could get all the words from this kind of movie, my English listening comprehension would be enough to live in the United States.

Today I talked a short while with a couple of native English speakers, one boy from Canada, and a girl England. They liked speak fuck and asshole, and I was astonished when I heard they were throwing shit to each other. You know, many people around me are learning English pretty hard, and take it so seriously. But the native speakers show little respect to their mother tongue, aka our lingua franca.

No comments:

Post a Comment