Monday, December 29, 2008

It's time to reflect on my goals

Just now I accessed JustinUSA and to my pleasantly surprised, I found two comments and one flower. This is a big breakthrough for this blog, ‘cause almost nobody knows here. So I really want to know where you found this blog. (Hi Rob, how did you know this place?)

I really appreciate the Internet, which helps me get so many info that I couldn’t get before. Google, among them, is the best. It is brilliantly efficient at shifting information from the hands of those who have it into the hands of those who do not. It’s the information age for all of us. Internet has vastly shrunk the gap between the experts and the public. Additionally, I could also enjoy the comments from you an ocean apart.

What have I done these two days?

1. During the weekend, I’ve read a couple of books in Chinese about study abroad, such as How to choose a major, how to select a country, how to pick a grad school, and a city, as well as a prof.
For me, how to select a major and lessons is the most important.
Don’t choose MBA or other kinda administration and management majors. Don’t too keen on financial aids. If the major I choose that will make me unemployed, who cares the scholarships?

2. Be sensible, set up a goal as quickly as possible and more directly. Make the best of Info on matriculation for international students.
It's time that I reflected upon my mistakes, including my current financial crisis. Success depends on details, which I’m very lacking of.

3. Yesterday morning I went to the library and joined the party hosted by Mr. Peter Arthur Stanleigh, a Canadian expat living in Wuxi. I gave him a small souvenir from Yixing, a pair of teacups. I guess he had many, ‘cause he’d been living in Wuxi for more than seven years! Much much longer than me. By the way, he invited me to the New Year’s Eve party at Hotel Ibis.

No comments:

Post a Comment