Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last day of 2008

Just now I was feeling blue, and I didn’t know why. Finally I got know this is the last day of 2008. I accessed Youtube, and watched some videos as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmjQgZPj7F0&e

At seven pm, I went to the party hosted by Mr. Peter Arthur Stanleigh, a Canadian expat living in Wuxi. Last Sunday I gave him a small souvenir from Yixing, a pair of teacups. I guess he had many, ‘cause he’d been living in Wuxi for more than seven years! Much much longer than me. I thought I would no need to pay for the buffet, but I paid. About one hour later, I left alone. Anyway, I talked to Peter for a while, mainly about his business in Wuxi, and I had an idea to conduct an interview about him and published on the MBA magazine. Unfortunately, his company was pretty small, only he and his wife. He also worked for the ArkMedia as an International Sales Director, which was the title on his business card.

I really want to make some close expat friends, and hang out with 'em. I even could help 'em though I am busy most of the time. One day when I sat in the kfc just beside my workplace, an idea suddenly came into my mind when I was looking at the girl with blonde hair. Later I went back to my office and founded a blog called “WuxiVolunteer,” In the preface I wrote:

Too many times I happened to meet a few expat who really needed help, because life is tough, life in China is tougher… Yes, I know China is developing, and more and more open, that’s exactly why you could come here. For many expat, China still remains one of the remotest places in the world, with strange culture and languages. Moreover, the society is designed not for the average, but privileged people, so you will find it kinda hard to do numerous kinds of things here.

People in China usually sit on their emotions, and expat don’t know what they are really thinking. They never thought of providing guide in English, much less did they do. 90 percent of people had learned English in high school or college, but few could convey their ideas in English fluently, no mention the conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment